Saturday, August 7, 2010

Jimmy Lalla carrying the Cross and Blessing Hearts

Jimmy Lalla carrying the Cross and Blessing Hearts...By Michael Schurton


Toronto, Ontario, Canada, August 6, 2010

Jimmy Lalla is an award winning international gospel artist with a heart to bless people with the glorious sounds of gospel.

In a few short years Jimmy Lalla has emerged as one of the rising stars of gospel music. The talented and gifted Trinidad-born musician has been making waves not only with his music, but also with a living testimony of the healing power of God.

Between 2006 and 2007 Jimmy Lalla entered into a new journey which would dramatically changed his life. Jimmy had a massive stroke in 2006. But his challenges were no way near over as Jimmy also suffered a severe heart attack in 2007. His life proved that miracles still happen and that God is still in the healing business. Without a doubt is it truly miraculous that he is living a full life recording and performing gospel music. Jimmy believes that the Lord took him through these awful experiences, and allowed him to bring a unique mix of gospel and Caribbean calypso sounds to the world through his Toronto-based music ministry.

One can only appreciate his zeal for sharing the gospel by taking a closer look at this man of God. After his stroke, Jimmy’s right side was paralyzed and he could not walk or talk properly. “While I was recovering, God revealed the plans He had for me,” says Jimmy. “Songs I had never heard before with the lyrics, music and arrangements began to play repeatedly in my mind. Through divine inspiration, the vision of making a CD to give God the glory was born.”

Jimmy Lalla received his healing. The Lord healed Jimmy through th prayerful support of his Jamaican wife, Diane Lalla and his three children and people from the Agincourt Pentecostal Church in Toronto, Canada, as well as people from various churches in United States, Jamaica and the New Life Apostolic Church in Grand, Cayman, Cayman Islands.

Jimmy had to overcome several obstacles to accomplish the vision God put in his mind. First, he had to make it through intense physical therapy. Next, he had to deal with speech therapy. And finally, he had to learn how to read and write music. Persons will marvel at the musical gifts of Jimmy Lalla. “I was a self-taught singer who initially knew only two basic chords on the guitar,” laughs Jimmy. “Despite these obstacles, I knew that I needed to obey God’s calling and by faith, trust that God would give me the strength and knowledge to complete His mission. I taught myself how to play more chords on the guitar. As each song was given to me, I rehearsed and later recorded them from memory.”

But then just as he was close to finishing the CD, Jimmy collapsed with a severe heart attack “There were tears in my eyes as I struggled to fight the forces of death,” he remembers. “I found myself standing on the stairway to heaven as I was gasping for my last breath. A miracle happened. The Spirit of the Lord touched me, and, with His power, saved me.”

I Follow The Cross

Yet again Jimmy found himself in physical therapy and built up his strength over time. His faith guided him along the way, and eventually “I Follow The Cross,” his CD, made its debut.

Songs from it, like “Blazin’,” “Sweetbread,” and “It’s Never Too Late”, have received airplay on stations around the world, and the album itself received several award nominations and awards.

Having a CD of music to share, as well as quite the testimony about how God got him through the stroke and the heart attack, means Jimmy keeps busy travelling around the world, ministering through his music, especially in the Caribbean—he’s performed at the Barbados Gospelfest, for example. In addition, he has had the opportunity to share the stage with Papa San, Israel Houghton, Kirk Franklin and others.

Jimmy Lalla is no ordinary gospel artist. He possesses a strong heart and deep desire to help those in need. He has traveled to Jamaica in partnership with Word Time Ministries of Jamaica to see first hand the humanitarian work of the ministry. His visit along with his wife Diane caused him to commit in helping children in orphanages in Jamaica. He is also a sponsor of the Annual Sports Championships for children homes and provides scholarship for aspiring athletes. But Jamaica is not only his call as Jimmy Lalla also makes donations to the Ulungu Charity in Kenya, Africa. Jimmy Lalla is also a man of prayer and finds time to pray for others during the Healing Hour on Saturday mornings. This is done in partnership with Word Time Ministries of Jamaica international intercessory team. “I have received my healing because of the fervent prayers of the saints of god and I want to play my part in claming healing for others” he stated.

Jimmy Lalla sees a plan for everything in life and feels that God is in control of everything “God is in control of everything in your life. Trust God for the Lord has a plan for your life,” he concludes. “He used the pain and suffering I endured and turned it into something beautiful. I hope my album-- with its unique mix of Caribbean music will help all to see the light of Jesus.” Jimmy Lalla is determined to continue his call and the work of carrying the cross. Jimmy Lalla is also busy blessings the hearts of many with his moving testimonies and delivering the sweet sounds of gospel music to nations and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment